October 8, 2012
Suzi’s #J361/Reporting 1
Current Events Quiz #3
1. The call center in Springfield (Ore.) is planning to do what?
2. Who won the presidential election in Venezuela? Bonus: How many years has the current president been in office?
3. Oregon soccer lost to which PAC-12 team over the weekend? And which PAC-12 team did the Oregon soccer team beat over the weekend?
4. In Mali, women marched to protest what? Bonus: What’s the capital of Mali?
5. What Oregon coastal town is having an internal debate over updating its tsunami sirens? Bonus: Outside of Oregon, for what is this town best known?
6. The families of four people held by Somalian pirates for almost a year and a half have appealed to their government for help. From what country are those captured by the pirates?
7. What country launched airstrikes on the Gaza Strip on Sunday?
8. In Italy, what part of the country is most affected by governmental corruption (and the influence of the Mafia), according to The New York Times? Bonus: What kind of implications does this have for Europe in general, according to the article?
9. In what country was a Mark Rothko painting defaced by a tagger yesterday? Bonuses: In what museum was the painting located? Where did Mark Rothko grow up?
10. What monument will the president dedicate today in California? Bonus: What issue has the governor of California determined to take action today?
An island in what Pacific Northwest state featured prominently in an article in The NYT on climate change over the weekend?
Which team won in the Minnesota/Los Angeles semifinal game last night?