What happened in the first few minutes of #J361 today? Well, this is the quiz the students took.
Suzi’s #J361/Reporting 1
Current Events Quiz #1
1. What’s different about the Oregon Daily Emerald this year (compared to last year)?
2. The attack and killing of the U.S. ambassador in Libya paused what kind of U.S. governmental operations in that country? Bonuses: What is the capital of Libya? On what continent is Libya located?
3. Name any of the “upsets” (unexpected wins) at the Emmy Awards last night. (Who/what won, and what did he/she/it win, and who/what was expected to win?)
4. What two countries (enemies since before WWII) are fighting verbal battles – and threatening armed battle – over a group of islands in shark-infested waters in dangerous seas more than an hour by boat from either country? Bonus: Name the islands.
5. Why was Greenland in the news at the New York Times and the Register Guard today? Bonus: What continent does the NYT place Greenland under in its World region?
6. Venezuela’s national drug police did what yesterday? Bonuses: What’s the capital of Venezuela? Who’s Venezuela’s president?
7. A wind farm just opened where in Oregon? Why is the wind farm controversial?
8. Sudan and what other (newly formed) country are meeting today to resolve border and other issues?
9. Who won the Vikings/49ers game? Who was expected to win?
10. New voting laws may disenfranchise 10 million (according to Yahoo) of what demographic of voters?
What’s the big race in the AL East?
What app change in iOS 6 is turning into jokes about landing on the moon, etc.?