There are many people on Twitter who like to talk about Pac-12 basketball. There are even more who talk about college basketball. The task for a young journalism student like myself is to find the best tweeters about Pac-12 basketball, read their posts and try to discover what makes them what they do that makes them good at their job. Here are five prominent Pac-12 hoops tweeters who do a great job of providing information about the conference to the masses.
1. Percy Allen is the Washington Huskies’ mens basketball beat writer for the Seattle Times. He does a great job of providing information for fans and other writers alike. He frequently updates his blog and Twitter with information about the Huskies and the Pac-12 Conference.
2. Oregon’s women’s basketball team provides fans with great behind-the-scenes coverage of the team, as well as updates of the team’s progress and success during games. Here is one such tweet:
3. ESPN’s College Hoops Twitter provides information on everything going on in the world of college basketball, including the Pac-12. Since they cover the entire nation, there isn’t a direct focus on the Pac-12, but they do a great job of covering all the bases.
4. Bill Plaschke is a sportswriter for the Los Angeles Times, who focuses his attention on the UCLA Bruin and USC Trojans. He provides great analysis about both teams on a regular basis and also writes about the rest of the Pac-12 as well.
5. John Hunt is a sportswriter for The Oregonian in Portland, Ore. He writes mainly about the Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers, but he also writes occasional stories and tweets about other Pac-12 teams. In the last few months, he has started to do this more and more.