Current Events Quiz #5!
Good luck. For those playing at home, you can find many of the source articles by looking here!
Suzi’s J361/Reporting 1
Current Events Quiz #5
1. On what community in Brooklyn does an NYT article on Guatemalan laborers focus? Bonus: What’s the capital of Guatemala?
2. Name two countries in Europe where Google is having or may be having legal trouble. Bonus: Capitals of those countries?
3. What happens in barefoot running that’s different from running in athletic shoes?
4. Who won the most awards at the Grammys? Bonus: Who won best director at the DGA? For what movie?
5. What’s going on in the Niger Delta? And why? Bonus: In what area of Africa does Nigeria lie?
6. How much money will the company that builds a dam in Brazil need to pay in order to “protect the environment”? Bonus: Over what river? And why did it take so long to get the approval for this dam?
7. What football player who’s recently been in the news is actually no longer a football player at the UO? When did that occur?
8. In what year did four freshmen at the Agricultural and Technical College of North Carolina sit down at the Woolworth’s counter in Greensboro, N.C., and refuse to leave? Bonus: What is that building, the former Woolworth’s, now?
9. Name a few (three or more) of the signals the Taliban use to warn others that American Marines are in villages or even specific houses.
10. In what office of the EMU did custodial staff find a swastika on the carpeting yesterday morning? Bonus: What else was done to the office?
Extra Bonus: What U.S. military policy is under review today after President Obama said in the State of the Union that he would end it?