The Homework List, Part 4
- News story on the State of the Union address and your neighborhood’s reactions to it, due by Saturday night at 11:59 pm OVER EMAIL
- Media analysis blog, due Sunday by 11:59 pm ON THE BLOG
- Neighborhood blog, due Monday by 11:59 pm ON THE BLOG (suggestions: Arts in your neighborhood? Physical recreation spaces in your neighborhood? Child care centers? Health care facilities? Transportation options? Running trails? Bakeries? Farmers’ markets? Grocery stores?)
- Chapters 6 & 7 for class
- Look for elected neighborhood council, city council (and mayor), county officials and others whose areas include your neighborhood. See if any one of them is on Twitter, has a blog, has an (open) Facebook account, etc. For next week’s neighborhood blog, you’ll want to interview two of them about the neighborhood, its strengths, its needs, its special qualities, its problems … etc. So start the getting in touch process! (*You should coordinate with your news group so that the same person isn’t asked to give three or four separate interviews.*)
- You will receive your sensory observation piece with edits over email on Friday afternoon. Revise for the blog for sometime before class on Tuesday. Tag it as “sensory observation” and/or “observation hour” (along with other tags).
- AP Quiz Tuesday (through S); CEQuiz5 either Tuesday or Thursday (I’ll let you know just as soon as I know, which should be tomorrow, Friday).
- MIDTERM over Ch. 1-8 is Tuesday, Feb. 9. Also, it will include an AP section (covering the entire book) and a neighborhood news writing section.